Language

繁體中文 简体中文 Español 日本語 Português Deutsch العربية français Русский 한국어 भारतीय
Menu

Forums > General Discussion

I'M ANGRY

by Don'tTouchMe
2006-07-24 03:54:40
Don'tTouchMe
On the Mouse and Cat Flash game I made a high score of 2599 and entered it into the highscores table under Kelly-Anne, but when I came back a little bit later my score was still there but somebody had changed my name to Kelsang. I experimented by winning several high scores and entering them under different names but each time I entered the score and came back a little later the name I had chosen was slightly but irritatingly altered. What's up with that, huh? Just some freaks messing things up?
by Don'tTouchMe
2006-07-24 03:54:40
Don'tTouchMe
i believe someone has programmed their computer to switch the names somehow, because i "experimented" too and certain sets of characters were always replaced by the same set of characters.
by M
2006-07-25 09:28:42
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #2:
p.s. don't let it make you angry 'cuz that's probably what they want, you know. :-)
by M
2006-07-25 09:34:45
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #3:
But isn't there a way to fix it? It's still happening to me.
by Don'tTouchMe
2006-07-27 00:13:38
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #4:
ur wrong thers no prblm with the game :P
by kitilikit
2006-07-29 05:34:09
Don'tTouchMe
Let me explain why that had happened.

Occasionally people enter obscene words in the high scores table, this will have bad influence on kids. So a long time ago we've added a words filter to filter out the words. But people will always find a way to get by the filter, so recently we've installed a names matcher function so that if the name entered does not match our database of names, it will be changed to the closest one in the database. In your case because your name is not in our database, it is changed to the closet one in our database.

We've implemented a system so that users can have their names validated and added to our database of names, we're testing the system and it will be out very soon.

Sorry for the frustration you experienced.
by Novel Games
2006-07-29 10:03:21
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #6:
For months my screen name was accepted but now it is not. Your filters are poorly designed and ill conceived, what possible obscenity can be obtained from cardude ?
by Cardude
2006-08-19 05:28:03
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #7:
Yes I agree that the current solution is not perfect. We're in the process of developing a membership system to solve the naming problem once and for all. We've added your name (Cardude) to our filter and it will now be accepted
by Novel Games
2006-08-21 09:56:06
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #8:
Did/Can you add Kelly-Anne to the filter?
by Don'tTouchMe
2006-08-22 23:45:30
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #8:
Thank you I hope it works. I have not been able to play for almost a week because the screen just flashes between a blank play window and what looks like empty square with black background. The rest of the page loads well and shows done it's just the playing area.
by Cardude
2006-08-23 04:56:04
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #10:
I think you need to download the latest flash player here:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/

If the games still doesn't work, please let us know.
by Novel Games
2006-08-23 09:45:23
Don'tTouchMe
In reply to #9:
The name Kelly-Anne is already in the database.
by Novel Games
2006-08-23 09:48:46

Post a Reply

You must log in to post a reply
In reply to #1:
Please enter a message
by %s
Submitting...
Post reply failed. Please try again. Close